Cape Town - Proteas duo Quinton de Kock and Vernon Philander have slipped in the latest ICC Test rankings following the conclusion of the second Test this past weekend.
The Proteas fell to an innings and 137 runs defeat against India in four days.
De Kock, who could only manage 31 and 5, dropped three places to 10th in the batting rankings.
Philander also dropped three places to 8th in the bowler rankings after finishing wicketless in Pune.
However, the South African all-rounder moved up from 92nd to 82nd with his 44* and 37 with the bat.
Meanwhile, victorious skipper Virat Kohli is within one point of top-ranked Steve Smith after making an unbeaten 254.
Kohli has reached 936 points and has a chance to regain the top spot after the final Test in Ranchi.
India take an unassailable 2-0 lead with the final Test scheduled for Saturday (06:00 SA time).
ICC Test rankings:
1. Steve Smith (AUS) - 937
2. Virat Kohli (IND) - 936
3. Kane Williamson (NZ) - 878
4. Cheteshwar Pujara (IND) - 818
5. Henry Nicholls (NZ) - 749
6. Joe Root (ENG) - 731
7. Tom Latham (NZ) - 724
8. Dimuth Karunaratne (SL) - 723
9. Ajinkya Rahane (IND) - 721
10. Quinton de Kock (SA) - 704
1. Pat Cummins (AUS) - 908
2. Kagiso Rabada (SA) - 835
3. Jasprit Bumrah (IND) - 818
4. Jason Holder (WI) - 814
5. James Anderson (ENG) - 798
6. Trent Boult (NZ) - 795
7. Ravichandran Ashwin (IND) - 792
8. Vernon Philander (SA) - 791
9. Neil Wagner (NZ) - 785
10. Kemar Roach (WI) - 780